POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Whos da best? : Re: Whos da best? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Whos da best?
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 17 Aug 2000 20:07:36
Message: <399c7e48$1@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] inamecom> wrote...
> "Nathan Kopp" wrote:
> > "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom> wrote...
> > > Official POV-Ray is faster
> >
> > That used to be true, but it is not anymore.
>
> Ok, but it still doesn't change my point of view.
>
> Actually I'm just surprised that none of my other arguments have been shot
> down...! :-)

Actually, as I understand it, the general consensus within the team agrees
with your points, and we are addressing them before the release of POV 3.5.
POV 3.5 will not simply be a re-labeled MegaPov.  That is why all of you
have to continue to wait.

Also, it is my hope that most MegaPov users will switch to POV 3.5 when it
is released, though I also hope that at least some will go back to using
MegaPov after an updated MegaPov is released (based on POV 3.5) so that
various new features can continue to be put through the paces.

-Nathan